Make your natural and cultural history tours purposeful, enjoyable, and relevant! There are several Certified interpretive Guide (CIG) and Certified Interpretive Host (CIH) classes coming up in Region 7. Check NAI’s Certification & Training Program page for more information, or if you’re ready to get certified, see where the next training is taking place on the Calendar.
These training classes are great for staff or volunteers who are developing and/or presenting interpretive programs. Learn to:
- Emotionally connect your visitors to the resources and experiences
- Use recent research in social behavior and learning
- Tailor your program for diverse audiences
- Improve your communication skills
- Work one-on-one with mentors and other professional guides
- Set yourself above the competition
- Find available local discounted lodging
Registration is online on NAI’s website. Sign up today!
Are you already a Certified Interpretive Guide? Do you train your students or staff to do interpretive programs? NAI teaches 5-7 CIG Train-the-Trainer and 3-4 CIH Train-the-Trainer workshops per year. Please stay tuned to this website for additional dates and workshop listings that are currently tentative.
upcoming Certified Interpretive Guide Train-the-Trainers
January 13-17, 2020 | Kalaheo, HI
National Tropical Botanical Garden
February 3-7, 2020 | Midland, MI
Chippewa Nature Center
If you’re planning on offering a training event in Region 7, advertise it here. This is a free service available to all members and their host organizations. Please note this does not suggest official endorsement on the part of NAI or Region 7. Send all information to us here.